Why Green Your Office?
Typically, companies want to go green to:
• Comply with environmental legislation.
• Meet the expectations of employees, customers and society.
• Gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Take measures to protect the sustainability of their businesses in the longer-term.
Another major reason for choosing to go green is to reduce overheads through better and more efficient energy, waste and resource use.
Some easy ways to do this are:
• Turn your heating down by 1oC and watch your annual heating bill come down by as much as 10%!
• Turn off your computers when not in use, especially overnight and at weekends.
• Switch to energy saving light bulbs and switch off lights during daylight.
• Install dual flush toilets which save water when you only need a short flush.
• Fit water-saving devices such as Hippo, Save a Flush or Hog Bag into toilet cisterns. Water companies normally provide them free of charge.
• Install push tap buttons on sinks, which can cut down water usage by 50%.
• Re-use envelopes, Jiffy bags and cardboard packaging by simply over-labelling previous address details.
• Avoid using envelopes with plastic windows which are difficult to recycle.
• Set your printer default to double-sided or duplex print to use both sides of a sheet of paper.
• Choose labels and paper products which are FSC-certified to guarantee that they come from sustainable sources, such as Avery’s EcoFriendly Labels and Recycled Labels.
James Strawbridge from BBC2’s ‘It’s Not Easy Being Green’ is a big supporter of Avery’s green products and the benefits that they can bring to both organisations and the environment. He explains: “When times are a little bit tight, it’s even more important to save money and help the environment. Green Office Week empowers people to make this change and to have fun by encouraging simple changes that don’t cost businesses anything.”
|Download you 'Awareness Pack' now and help promote Green Office Week in your work place!
Avery Green Office Week Labels
Avery Green Office Week Posters