The end of the financial year is here!
Does the end of the financial year time bring about a wave of anxiety? When you’re navigating a sea of paperwork, it can make anyone feel overwhelmed. But there’s a simple way to make finance and tax preparation easier, whether you’re working with a professional or filing yourself. Now let’s get all that paperwork organised. Here’s a simple and colourful way to sort your paperwork by type.
A colour-coded filing system can help you get more out of your organisation.
- Using Avery filing Labels in different colours can help you identify folders quickly and easily by category. Follow these steps:
Assign a colour for each category
- For example, green = income documents, and blue = deduction/credit records, etc.
Customise your file folder labels with Avery Design & Print Online
- Avery File Folder Labels are available in assorted colours, or you can use free colourful design templates on Avery Design & Print Online to customise Avery Arched Labels. Create custom titles for your folder labels and print.
Use the same colour labels for multiple folders that fit under the same category
- Think “birds of a feather flock together.” So while your day care expenses and property tax receipts may be kept in separate folders, since they belong to the same category of “deduction/credit records” the same colour label will appear on both folders. It’ll make these items easy to find when you’re tackling each category of your taxes.
File away your paperwork into designated folders
- This filing system is not only great to use this year, but also a good way to collect and sort paperwork throughout the year to get a head start on next year’s taxes.