Create Your Own Christmas Place Cards
Designing great looking Christmassy Table Place Cards labels is quick and easy with Avery. Using our free Design and Print Online software you can instantly create and print labels, present tags and more without the need for a computer degree! Did you know that by quickly typing the names of your friends and family into a spreadsheet you can use our easy mail merge wizard to personalise all your Place cards at the touch of a button? This step by step guide will show you how just easy it is.
Avery offers a variety of products in the Cards range. In this example we are focusing on the Tent Cards, ideal for meetings but in this case perfect for creating place cards and personalising Christmas for your family and friends. These can be used for all sorts around the house this Christmas.
L4794 – Avery Tent Cards
Suitable for Inkjet and Laser Printers and Copiers. Click the image to learn more and find out where to buy them.
The easiest way to apply different names from your Christmas List on to each of your products (for example Place Cards or Labels) is by doing something we call “Mail merge”. This is a quick and easy way of automating the process rather than typing them one at a time for each different card needed.
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Across the top row you will need to insert headers into each column (For example Name, Address1, Address2 Address3, Address4, Postcode.) You can find more detailed instructions about creating a spreadsheet here.
- Fill in all your names (and further information if needed)underneath the appropriate columns so that it looks like the example here.
- Save your spreadsheet for example “Christmas list 2013”
Go to our special Christmas page at www.avery.co.uk/Christmas to see this year’s festive selection! Select the design you would like to use and this will automatically open our Avery Design and Print Online software.
- Type in your product code of the product you would like to print on (in this example we are using L4794)
- Click “next”
You can also select a Blank design so you can create your cards from scratch. To do this go to www.avery.co.uk/Print and type in L4794 to find a blank template for this product
Your card and chosen Christmas template is now ready for you to personalise
- To add an image: Click on Images on the left hand side of the page. You can either select a design from the Avery Gallery which lots of Christmassy pictures to choose from or you can select an image from your computer. Once you have inserted your image you can stretch and rotate it and move it to different positions.
- To add text: Click on Text then ‘Add Text Box’. You can now just write what you would like to be seen on your label or click on ‘Start Mail Merge’ from the left hand side . This will start the Mail Merge Wizard which has step by step instructions on how to bring your list of names into Design & Print Online.
Once your text or names are on the cards you will be able to adjust the size, type and colour of the font by highlighting your text and making the relevant adjustments from the text options on the left hand side.
If you'd like more help on Mail Merge use this link to our more Detailed Instructions. You can jump straight to point 6 on page 5 of the instructions.
Click on the green 'Preview & Print' button. In the following screen you can check that all cards look correct, if not use the 'back' button to go back and make any changes you want.
When printing, please read your printer’s instructions on how to print card. To check everything is OK you may want to complete a test print on a blank piece of paper first. You will also need to check your paper size is set to A4 (and not US letter size), and the paper type is set to card.
For further help, please also refer to the printing instructions by clicking here.
Alternatively you can create an online account and save your design online.
This will mean that you can access it from any computer in the future.